Durban July Dates & Results
Durban July Dates
The 2020 Durban July will be held on Saturday July 5, 2020.
Durban July Schedule
The 2020 Durban July is set to race at 16:20 on July 5 where some of South Africa’s best thoroughbreds will run for the big prize at Greyville.
Knowing the 2020 Durban July schedule will make it easier to place your bets, so punters don’t miss out on backing their favourite runner. We have a full schedule guide with race and event times throughout the day.
- 9:30 – Action kicks off in the morning with the Fashion on the Track. The judges will pick the finalists for the competition and entertainment will also be provided on the Action Stage.
- 10:25 – Race 1 Marinaresco R86 Handicap
- 10:30 – Fashion on the Action Stage. Final, including Raceday Hat or Fascinator contest.
- 11:10 – Race 2 Pinnacle Stakes
- 11:15 – Winners of fashion contest are announced. The Young Designer Award is also announced in between races two and three.
- 11:55 – Race 3 Betting World 2200
- 12:35 – Race 4 Gold Vase
- 12:40 – Fashion on the Action Stage. Finalists for Most Striking Couple, Classic Racewear and Exceptional Hat.
- 13:25 – Race 5 Golden Slipper
- 13:30 – Live broadcast begins and on-track entertainment commences.
- 14:10 – Race 6 Golden Horseshoe
- 14:40 – Jockeys enter Parade Ring for introductions to the crowd.
- 14:55 – Jockeys mount their respective Durban July Handicap runners.
- 15:00 – Horses exit Parade Ring.
- 15:05 – South African nation anthem plays.
- 15:10 – Race 7 Durban July Handicap
- 15:15 – Durban July winner canters in front of the crowd.
- 15:30 – Connections are presented with silver salvers and winners’ sashes.
- 16:15 – Race 8 Zulu Kingdom R88 Handicap
- 16:25 – Night racing resumes for the remainder of the card with entertainment throughout.
- 16:55 – Race 9 Garden Province Stakes
- 17:35 – Race 10 KZN Yearling Sale Million
- 18:15 – Race 11 Ethekwini Sprint
- 18:55 – Race 12 Greyville Convention Handicap
When is Durban July 2020?
Punters love betting on the Durban July but often ask when is the Durban July 2020?
The 2020 Durban July is being run on Saturday July 5 at Greyville and it’s one of 15 races on the extended betting card. The official time of the Durban July was 15:20 (3.20pm) in 2018 and we expect the same time to be scheduled in 2020.
Official times aren’t confirmed until a month out from the Durban July but it should fall between 3-4pm with the Golden Horseshoe and Zulu Kingdom Explorer Handicap flanking the big race.
Where is the Durban July Held?
The Durban July is held at Greyville Racecourse in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
It’s a large 2800m track with some testing elements throughout, including an uphill run from the 2400m to 1800m mark.
To adapt to the changing conditions around the world, a Polytrack was added to the inside surface in 2014 and some of the races on the 2019 Durban July Racecard will be held on the Polytrack.
The first meeting was held in 1896 and the Durban July was first run in 1897.
Greyville is one of the most prestigious and high-quality tracks in South Africa. Its guests have included the likes of King George VI, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Elizabeth II.
What time is the Durban July Main Race?
The Durban July is run at Race 7, which is typically mid-afternoon at around 3:10pm.