2020 Durban July Race Day Schedule - times, races and betting information
Knowing what time all the events run on Durban July Day is important
2020 Durban July Race Day Schedule
The 2020 Durban July is set to race at 16:20 on July 5 where some of South Africa’s best thoroughbreds will run for the big prize at Greyville.
Knowing the 2020 Durban July schedule will make it easier to place your bets, so punters don’t miss out on backing their favourite runner. We have a full schedule guide with race and event times throughout the day.
- 9:30 – Action kicks off in the morning with the Fashion on the Track. The judges will pick the finalists for the competition and entertainment will also be provided on the Action Stage.
- 10:25 – Race 1 Marinaresco R86 Handicap
- 10:30 – Fashion on the Action Stage. Final, including Raceday Hat or Fascinator contest.
- 11:10 – Race 2 Pinnacle Stakes
- 11:15 – Winners of fashion contest are announced. The Young Designer Award is also announced in between races two and three.
- 11:55 – Race 3 Betting World 2200
- 12:35 – Race 4 Gold Vase
- 12:40 – Fashion on the Action Stage. Finalists for Most Striking Couple, Classic Racewear and Exceptional Hat.
- 13:25 – Race 5 Golden Slipper
- 13:30 – Live broadcast begins and on-track entertainment commences.
- 14:10 – Race 6 Golden Horseshoe
- 14:40 – Jockeys enter Parade Ring for introductions to the crowd.
- 14:55 – Jockeys mount their respective Durban July Handicap runners.
- 15:00 – Horses exit Parade Ring.
- 15:05 – South African nation anthem plays.
- 15:10 – Race 7 Durban July Handicap
- 15:15 – Durban July winner canters in front of the crowd.
- 15:30 – Connections are presented with silver salvers and winners’ sashes.
- 16:15 – Race 8 Zulu Kingdom R88 Handicap
- 16:25 – Night racing resumes for the remainder of the card with entertainment throughout.
- 16:55 – Race 9 Garden Province Stakes
- 17:35 – Race 10 KZN Yearling Sale Million
- 18:15 – Race 11 Ethekwini Sprint
- 18:55 – Race 12 Greyville Convention Handicap
2020 Durban July races
We have a full betting guide to every race on the 2020 Durban July schedule available.
With 12 races on the card, it’s a full-on day for punters and we have tips for all the main races throughout the Durban July card.