Durban July Betting Tips & Free Bets
Durban July Tips
SA Licensed & Regulated
Mobile App enabled
Durban July Races
2019 Durban July Race Card (6/7/19)
- Race 1: Greyville Convention Centre R84 Handicap
- Race 2: Mumm Stakes
- Race 3: Betting World 2200 (Grade 3)
- Race 4: SABC Gold Vase (Grade 3)
- Race 5: Gold Circle Golden Slipper (Grade 2)
- Race 6: Durban Golden Horseshoe (Grade 2)
- Race 7: Vodacom Durban July Handicap (Grade 1)
- Race 8: Insurance Brokers R104 Handicap
- Race 9: KNZ Yearling Sale Million
- Race 10: Garden Province Stakes (Grade 1)
- Race 11: eTheKwini Sprint
- Race 12: Daisy Business Solutions Handicap
Durban July Dates & Results
Race day schedule:
- 9:30 – Action kicks off in the morning with the Fashion on the Track. The judges will pick the finalists for the competition and entertainment will also be provided on the Action Stage.
- 10:25 – Race 1 Marinaresco R86 Handicap
- 10:30 – Fashion on the Action Stage. Final, including Raceday Hat or Fascinator contest.
- 11:10 – Race 2 Pinnacle Stakes
- 11:15 – Winners of fashion contest are announced. The Young Designer Award is also announced in between races two and three.
- 11:55 – Race 3 Betting World 2200
- 12:35 – Race 4 Gold Vase
- 12:40 – Fashion on the Action Stage. Finalists for Most Striking Couple, Classic Racewear and Exceptional Hat.
- 13:25 – Race 5 Golden Slipper
- 13:30 – Live broadcast begins and on-track entertainment commences.
- 14:10 – Race 6 Golden Horseshoe
- 14:40 – Jockeys enter Parade Ring for introductions to the crowd.
- 14:55 – Jockeys mount their respective Durban July Handicap runners.
- 15:00 – Horses exit Parade Ring.
- 15:05 – South African nation anthem plays.
- 15:10 – Race 7 Durban July Handicap
- 15:15 – Durban July winner canters in front of the crowd.
- 15:30 – Connections are presented with silver salvers and winners’ sashes.
- 16:15 – Race 8 Zulu Kingdom R88 Handicap
- 16:25 – Night racing resumes for the remainder of the card with entertainment throughout.
- 16:55 – Race 9 Garden Province Stakes
- 17:35 – Race 10 KZN Yearling Sale Million
- 18:15 – Race 11 Ethekwini Sprint
- 18:55 – Race 12 Greyville Convention Handicap
Durban July Betting Tips
Mike De Kock has a tremendous record in the Durban July and he should have a good chance of winning the 2019 Durban July with Yakeen.The four-year-old colt finished 14th in the 2018 Durban July but he will only improve with time and the Australian-bred son of Teofilo still has plenty of maturing to do.Prior to his disappointing run in the 2018 Durban July, Yakeen won consecutive races at Turffontein and the rise in distance came too soon for the young type. He’ll be better for that experience and should provide punters with good value.
Has the experience to contend in the 2019 Durban July and he’s one of our top SA horse racing tips.The Azzie-trained six-year-old ran last of 18 winners in 2018 but that run was too bad to be true and we think Piere Strydom will stick with the gelding.Strydom has won the Durban July on multiple occasions and his confidence in the son of Go Deputy is a positive for bettors.He hasn’t won since 2016 but he’s got another campaign in store and he could offer bettors with some great betting value.
11th in last year’s Durban July, Dark Moon Rising has since performed well in two subsequent starts. The Paul Lafferty-trained five-year-old finished sixth behind It’s My Turn before winning his next start.That came in the Pinnacle Stakes at Greyville and having that winning experience on the track is going to help his chances.He’s another runner that bookmakers should have as one of the potential Durban July winners.
Durban July Promo Deals
We will have all the bookmaker promo deals for the Durban July when they are released.
Bookmakers often offer welcome sign-up bonuses during the week of the Durban July Handicap and it’s a good time to get signed up and enjoy the deposit bonuses on offer.
Make sure you check the page for all the 2019 Durban July promo deals for the July 6 feature at Greyville.